Botanical Name : Dactylorhiza hatagirea
English Name : Marsh Orchis
Kashmiri Name : Salem Panja
Urdu Name : Salap
Common Name : Himalayan Marsh Orchid, Marsh Orchis
Part Used : Roots, Tubers
Medicinal Uses :
- Tubers are used as nervine aphrodisiac and tonic. It is also used to treat wounds, cough, cuts and anemia.
- Root powder is unfold on wounds to control bleeding, and decoction of root is utilized in treating stomach troubles.
- Tuberous roots are tonic, powdered and mixed with water, and applied as a disinfectant on wounds, particularly those resulting from burns.
- The tuber yields salap and is putative as expectorant, aphrodisiac and as nervine tonic.
- Tuberous roots are eaten raw or with honey or milk, as an vital tonic and a aphrodisiac : it’s paste is applied on cuts and wounds for speedy healing.
- Young shoots and leaves are eaten as vegetable. Root paste is commonly used in promoting growth and blackness of hair.
error: Content is protected !!