Botanical Name : Calendula Officinalis
English Name : Marigold, Calendula
Sanskrit Name : Zergul
Hindi Name : Genda, Gulzafri
Latin Name : Calendula Officinalis
Parts Used : Flowers, Petals, Leaves and Roots.
Medicinal Uses :
- Marigold is useful in stomach upsets, ulcers, menstrual problems, eye infections, inflammations and wound healing.
- The plant is antiseptic. Its flower, when rubbed on the affected part, relieves pain and swelling caused by a wasp or bee.
- The flowers are also used to make a lotion for sprains and wounds.
- The water distilled from marigold flowers is good for sore eyes, while the infusion of fresh flower is beneficial in fever.
- Marigold is used to treat alopecia, bladder and kidney problems, blood in the urine and uterine bleeding.
- The plant is used for abdominal cramps and constipation.
- Marigold is good for treating bedsores, chapped lips, leg ulcers, persistent ulcers, bruises and varicose veins.
- Its used during aromatherapy, as a skin treatment.
error: Content is protected !!