Arabic Name : Tashmeezaj, Shishm
English Name : Absus Seeds
Urdu Name : Chaksu
Part Used : Seed
Medicinal Uses :
- Seeds and leaves are used for treatment of asthma, anemia and hiccups.
- The Seeds extract is used to purify blood and to treat mucous disorders. A decoction of the seeds is used to treat certain eye diseases.
- The baked, powdered seed kernels are used in the treatment of ophtlialmia.
- The bitter, astringent leaves are used as a purgative and as a remedy for asthma, cough and bronchitis.
- Application of the powdered leaves is reported to heal venereal ulcers and hemorrhoids.
- Seeds and leave are used as a cathartic in cases of habitual, and for the treatment of ringworm, Vinereal ulcers and other skin diseases, for relieving pains, leucoderma, headache, hemorrhoids and as an anthel-mintic.
- A plaster made from seeds is recommended as an application to wound and sores especially of the penis.
error: Content is protected !!